It’s National Lipstick Day! I love lipsticks! My favorite are usually bright pinks or dark burgundy (polar opposites), but I have everything in between!
Keep reading to see 12 of my favorite lipsticks in a variety of colors and finishes, all under $16:
1. Maybelline Color Sensational in Red Revival ($7.99) – A true, vintage hollywood red with a creamy, semi-glossy finish.
2. NYX Round Case Lipstick in B52 ($3.99) – A soft pinky mauve with creamy finish. This is a pinker version of a MLBB (my lips but better) shade on me.
3. Color Sensational Creamy Matte in Divine Wine ($7.99) – A deep wine with red-brown undertones with a satin finish. It comes off as a deep These lipsticks are almost perfectly matte without drying out your lips! LOVE.
4. Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Pink Truffle ($8.49) – A plummy rose with a sheer, glossy finish. I love this for days where I want a little color without the coverage of a true lipstick.
5. Maybelline Baby Lips Electro Lip Balm ($3.29) – A glossy, sheer berry lip balm. It looks WAY brighter than it goes on. Another lazy day favorite.
6. Revlon Super Lustrous in Black Cherry ($7.99) – A true, deep burgundy statement lipstick with a creme finish.
7. Maybelline New York Color Sensational Vivids in Vibrant Mandarin ($7.99) – A vibrant creamy red-orange, that leaves a coral-tinted stain after fading. This one isn’t for the faint of heart.
8. Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Rose Hip ($4.36) – A cool toned bright fuchsia pink with with a creamy (almost waxy looking) finish. I usually blend it with Milani Matte Diva
9. Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Matte Diva ($4.36) – This one is slightly lighter and cooler than Milani Rose Hip. The finish is a true matte. I don’t own it, but from what I’ve seen online this is a close dupe for MAC’s Candy Yum Yum. The matte finish and vivid color makes it a definite statement lipstick
10. MAC Lipstick in Lickable ($16) – My first bright lipstick and my first MAC product! It’s a blue based magenta with a little bit of a pearl in MAC’s “Cremesheen” finish.
11. Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Teddy Bare ($4.36) – A soft brown based pinky with creamy finish. This is a slightly browner and deeper MLBB shade on me.
12. Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in Shameless ($9.49) – a medium dark, warm toned purple (think a red-based purple instead of a cool blue-based one) with a satin-matte finish. I love that it’s in crayon form! So handy. This is another one that should be used to make a bold statement lip.
Here are the swatches in order on my arm (taken indoors, with sunlight). I know a few of them look close but in person, the different finishes make a difference.