Happy spa-day! The most beloved of my DIY hair masks is an Egg mask. It features the yolk which is higher in fatty acids and other important nutrients for your hair. This is perfect for dry, damaged hair! The mask itself is pretty simple but the results are fabulous.
- 1-2 Egg yolks depending on length
- 1-2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1-2 Tablespoons Honey
- Apply mixture to dry hair, coating mostly the length.
- Wrap hair in plastic wrap (a plastic bag or shower cap work well too).
- Leave on for 30 minutes minimum.
- Rinse using cold/cool water (too hot and the egg WILL cook in your hair, speaking from experience)
Shampoo and condition as usual.
- Dry and style you hair as usual.
- Show off your hair model worthy tresses.
It really is that simple and the ingredients aren’t usual or expensive, so you probably already have them in your kitchen.
Well you used the yolk but what about the egg whites?
Egg white face masks!
Clear Skin Face Mask:
1 Egg white
1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
1/2 Teaspoon of Honey
Hydrating Face Mask:
1 Egg white
1/4 Ripe avocado
1 Teaspoon Yogurt
Keep either mask on for 15 minutes, and rinse off too glory skin. Be warned, these masks can get drippy!